WAM Horizon respects the privacy and personal data of visitors to www.wam-horizon.com and takes measures to protect its information. Through this policy, we intend to communicate the data we collect and how we use it, as well as disclose the security standards adopted to protect the identity and personal data of our visitors.
All personal information obtained will be registered, used and protected in accordance with the applicable national and international legislation on data protection and this privacy and cookies policy. Please note, however, that in the provision of personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use this information, so in terms of the security of any information disclosed online, you will do so at your own risk.
2. Responsible for the Treatment (Controller)
WAM Horizon is responsible for the processing of your personal data (hereunder referred as “Controller”) under the terms of the General Regulation on Data Protection and the complementary legislation on the protection of personal data in force at national and international level. Your personal data may be transmitted and processed by any of the companies belonging to the WAM Group. The WAM Group means WAM Horizon and all companies that form part of the same group.
3. Data we collect
4. Purposes of data collection and processing
We use your personal data, in particular, for the following purposes:
- Marketing – to inform you about news that may be of interest to you;
- Website user management;
- Compliance with legal obligations, among others, to our shareholders;
- Recruitment of employees for the WAM Group;
- Fulfillment of obligations arising from the contracts we enter into with our partners.
5. Data retention period
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in paragraph 4. above and to comply with the law. Once the maximum retention period has been reached, your personal data will be anonymized or securely destroyed/deleted.
6. Sharing personal data
Your personal data may be shared with companies in the WAM Group. In some cases, we may also disclose your personal data to other entities, within the scope of services provided by them or by virtue of contractual obligations. In such cases, we require that each entity to whom we disclose data have adequate security measures in place that can protect your personal data. When required by law, we may also have to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties, in which case our control over how your personal data is protected is limited.
7. Exercise of data protection rights
In certain circumstances provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation, as Data Subject you have the right to access or request from us, namely:
- Additional information about our use of your personal data;
- Your personal data;
- Information about transmission of the personal data that you have provided to us to another entity;
- Updating your personal data;
- The erasure of your personal data;
- Opposition to the processing of your personal data;
- Limiting the way in which we use your personal data while we correct them or clarify any doubts about their content or about the use we make of them;
- Providing a channel for you to contest decisions that were based on your personal data.
You also have the right to withdraw or change, at any time, the consent you have given us to use your personal data. The exercise of these rights is excepted when your personal data are used to safeguard the public interest, namely in cases of detection and prevention of crimes, or when they are subject to professional secrecy.
To exercise your personal data protection rights or whenever you have any questions about the use we make of your personal data, you should contact us through the following means:
- Address: Rua Principal n.º 1894 – Silva Escura, 3740-338 Sever do Vouga
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Any questions or comments regarding our website and/or our privacy and cookies policy, must be sent to the e-mail and address mentioned in point 7 below.
The Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to information collected through our website and not to any other online collections. This Policy may be updated in due course, which will be disclosed through the following means: www.wam-horizon.com.
9. Disclaimer of liability
WAM Horizon can’t be held liable for any damages or damages in civil liability (including, but not limited to, damages, loss of profits and moral damages, caused directly or indirectly) that arise as a result of the use, correct or incorrect, of its electronic websites and its contents by the user, access to the computer and computer system of the user by third parties. The information disclosed should be considered in an informative form. Although the efforts of WAM Horizon to keep the contents updated and reliable, they may contain inaccuracies, errors of writing or be outdated, so that WAM Horizon can’t’ be held liable for the complete accuracy and timeliness of any information contained in its website. The website may contain links to websites operated by third parties over which it has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility. The visualization of legal provisions in this website, does not exempt the consultation of the legal rules in force, officially approved, published in the original editions and supports (namely in the Diário da República or in the Official Journal of the European Union).